Hello frugal friends. The photo above is a nod to my friend Becky’s blog, who featured almost the same photo this week. Great minds and all!
- A local grocer had 20% off all fresh and packaged meat, sausages, bacon etc. I don’t buy a lot of meat, but I did get some items for upcoming cookouts and ground turkey for spaghetti which I cooked and froze for a later date.
- Got a free bag of candy from my grocery store’s item of the week and redeemed a coupon the store mailed me for a free bag of chocolate chips.
- Received a coupon from Walgreens for 20X points on in their Balance Rewards program. Used that on some of the good deals at Walgreens this past week including free M&Ms, canned almonds — 2 cans for 3.00 after coupon, and flour 1.99. I am close to earning a $10.00 reward from Walgreens.
- Received free Taste of Home magazines from my local village’s Nextdoor private online community. I hope my daughter and I can make some recipes from them this summer.
- Daughter baked Toll House cookie bars for her Dad to take as a birthday treat to work. His office is large and bringing a treat from a store gets expensive. People asked for the recipe! I had to “LOL” because it’s just the recipe on the back of the chocolate chips.
- We ate at home most nights but also took advantage of a BOGO at Noodles and a birthday coupon for a date night dinner out.
- Went hiking at a nature preserve for birthday/Mother’s Day. We were treated to seeing thousands of trillium in bloom. In many states and provinces it is illegal to damage trillium because they do not recover if damaged. We have a few trillium in our back lot, but I have never seen them in this quantity.
- The whole family volunteered at our church’s service day. It was an early morning but we enjoyed coffee and snacks before starting. DD and I worked on the Operation Christmas Child initiative while my husband worked a plant sale to raise money for Tanzanian scholarships at the university level.
Hope your week was nice and you are recharging for the week ahead!