Happy Mother’s Day to the terrific Moms, Aunties, and Grandmothers out there. Our week was a little crazy. My husband and I were both sick, and the week was jam-packed with school events. We got through, but it was one of those weeks where you are just making do until you can do better.
- At my daughter’s band concert I had an opportunity to reclaim unused school supplies from her locker. I returned them to my plastic storage container for school supplies. On another school visit, I took back the massive stock of glue sticks. How many glue sticks does a middle schooler need?!
- I went to CVS with a 2.00 ECB they mailed me in a Mother’s Day promotion which expired 5/13. Used it just in time. Bought the 3 L’Oreal Shampoo in last weeks’ advertisement plus 1 Colgate 360 toothbrush and paid 4.77 and got 3.00 in ECB.
- Used a free Starbucks birthday drink coupon (DH birthday) and we brought home a Venti and split it.
- Used a coupon for a free Papa Murphy’s pizza (Teacher Appreciation) and it was very appreciated on a ballet night!
- DH went to a discount grocer and checked their online ad before leaving. He scored a BIC grill lighter for .49 after coupon. I always need one of those for the summer. Other good prices were had there as well.
- Used a Walgreens’ photo 30% off coupon to make a photo collage for DH’s birthday with pictures of fun things we have done the past 6 mo or so. It turned out nice and he will enjoy that in his office.
- I returned 2 kitchen towels to Sur la Table that were attached to a Teacher Appreciation Gift. They were very cute but I knew I wouldn’t have a use for this type of towel. I exchanged them for items I can “use up” — pretty cake sprinkles and pre-cut parchment circles for cakes. I will be grateful to have those every time I bake because my cake circles are always a sorry affair.
- Humble fare this week due to illnesses and school events. Pumpkin pancakes, hot dogs and pea soup, etc. I will make a pumpkin bread for the freezer with the leftover canned pumpkin.
- DD made a gorgeous chocolate malted birthday cake. It turned out a tad dry as chocolate cakes can be when they have melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder in them. We found it much tastier with a teaspoon of coffee drizzled on top of the cake slices. Many bakeries do soak cakes to keep them moist.
- got the hats and mittens stored away and washed daughter’s winter coat. Hopefully we can put that away?
- hoping with better health this week I can get to the bathroom blinds and some detailed dusting.
What’s new in your home and garden? Any great coupon deals this past week?