Ah, 12 days until school is out! All things ‘summer’ are on our horizon, like vacation reading programs at the library, free concerts in the park, and no 7:00 AM school bus! On the flip side, I do not get paid in summer, so this is a good time to get the money-saving muscles back into form.
- DD won her teacher free subs for a YEAR, free catered lunch for her advisor class, and a free sub coupon for herself because she entered her favorite teacher in a teacher appreciation contest!
- Ebates check!
- Dried towels and sheets in the back yard
- Had a strong meal plan… bought ground chuck for 2.99 a pound and had both tacos and taco salad from the pound of meat
- Downloaded free e-books from the library. No gas, no clutter.. just have to read quickly!
- Spent the weekend taking lots of bike rides. The crabapple blossoms are so beautiful and fragrant!
- Made rhubarb crisp using our abundant rhubarb
- Made oatmeal cookies and added some chocolate covered sunflower seeds I received as a gift months ago. It was a good match!
- Closed out our week with a quick budget meeting. Unspent money at the end of the week is being saved for a renovation project and for vacation in 2017… England, hopefully!
How was your week?