You might recall my angst a week ago when I realized we had been to the grocery store EIGHT times, and had heaps of emergency purchases due to all of us being sick. This week felt much improved.
This week I:
- hit the grocery store on double coupon day, which was worthwhile because we were pretty much out of everything.
- found chicken on sale and took advantage of that (2.99/lb boneless/skinless). The package will be enough for two meals and it was just under $3.00
- will use heaps of Saltines from when family was sick to make homemade chicken tenders
- went to the store with a meal plan in mind – spent 60.00 for the week
- used up some crystallized honey in millet muffins. I have had the ingredients for a while but needed to get down to business and make them. I am glad to have the container of honey gone as it was difficult to work with.
- made twice-baked potatoes while the oven was already heated from the muffins; used my abundant garden chives
- free entertainment was reading my back issues of Victoria magazine and watching a free movie on Amazon “The Holiday” – thank you to DH for watching this ultimate “chick flick!”
- reviewed our seed purchases for the garden – seemed a little light on food and heavy on herbs. Picked up some Swiss chard seeds for 25% off.
- spent Saturday after grocery shopping at home and napped!
Budget surprise this week:
- More clarinet reeds. Eighteen days left of school, but Murphy’s Law…. We do keep a budget line funded for school expenses.
How was your week?