I am turbo-charging my savings mode right now because we would really like to go to England next year. Traveling out of the United States is expensive for a family, so planning and saving ahead is very necessary.
- I had an opportunity to work extra hours at work. I was grateful I already had a meal plan and groceries purchased so I could say yes. Wonderful to earn extra money AND come home to something to make a meal out of.
- Mr. Saver researched our medical plan and found that we could also get preventative dental care as part of our existing plan. We are charged a nominal amount for each service provided (cleaning, oral evaluation, etc). There is a quality dental provider walking distance from our house. We will be able to save up to $ 750.00 a year… money we are currently paying out of pocket by paying without insurance. This mini plan does not cover big ticket dental problems, but then again, we aren’t paying anything extra for it!
- You know me.. I have been charging our phones, doing dishes, and washing clothes using Time of Use rate for electricity.
- CVS sent me a coupon for 5.00 off a 15.00 purchase. I am studying how I can use that to purchase water and soda for a big family reunion this summer (both are on sale starting Sunday). I already budgeted money to pay for reunion expenses, but money unspent is money I can reallocate elsewhere!
- Speaking of coupons, my hair salon is running a Mother’s Day promotion — buy a large gift card, get an additional $20.00 gift card. I budget haircut money out of every check, so I already had money to pay for the gift card, and now have an additional $20!
- Today is “lock in day” at our house. Our daughter requested a day to not go anywhere – just family time at home. Saves lots of money and lets us recharge after a busy week. We are planning some baking, puzzles, and Simpsons Monopoly.
Overall, a pretty good week and a gold star to Mr. Saver for digging deeper into our medical insurance and looking for a new dentist that takes this type of insurance.