My part-time job does not need me in today, so I am making the best of an un-paid day by having a frugal spring day at home. At breakfast I mentioned we were having veg curry for dinner – the family said they already knew because they read the blog!
- Started the day by making lunches for daughter and husband. Since I was off today daughter was able to have a hot thermos lunch.
- Walked daughter to school
- Washed the winter sidewalk salt out of our “waterhog” backdoor rug so it will last for many more years.
- Ran out of window cleaner and made my own using rubbing alcohol, a drop of Dawn, vinegar and water. Works great! My bathroom mirrors are beautiful.
- Making the last of the home-made birthday treats for my husband to take to work. Will bake them tonight when Time of Use Rate kicks in. I will also bake the potatoes for tomorrow’s dinner at the same time.
- Called the pediatrician’s office to fix a bill. They billed us for a well-child co-pay and our insurance does not require one. + $ 25.00
- I won 24 Kind fruit and nut bars on a blog giveaway at Real Mom Nutrition – If you are interested in kids and health, you might enjoy this blog as I do.
- Speaking of kids’ health, tonight is “Weight of the Nation for Kids” on HBO or streaming on the Weight of the Nation website. See previous post for details. Let me know if you catch the show.
Hope you are enjoying your day today. Planning anything frugal for this week?