At our house, Sunday is the start of a new week in our budget. Here are a few things we did last week to end the week with a surplus:
- Ate at home all but 1 night and selected meals so as not to waste food we bought
- Husband took lunch to work 4 out of 5 days
- No misbehaving at Starbucks
- Got back to making my own bread for toast in the mornings
A few things I did to put us in a better financial situation in the months to come:
- Made a firm budget for summer activities for our daughter. We know what we will spend and can fund those activities in our budget so that the money is there when we need to pay for them. We keep the list short and make ample use of free events.
- Made a budget for back to school supplies. We like to use a local provider called School-Pak that delivers everything in one box. Very convenient and when we plan ahead, we can get a discount for ordering early.
How about you?