It was a short week for us after coming home from vacation mid-week, but we did make some money-saving moves with the days we had available.
- We came home to potted spinach plants gone wild! I got out and planted some new seeds. Spinach grows quickly and you can always find a use for it.
- Our electric bill was over 100.00 below what we had saved in our budget. You know I am devoted to the time-of-use rate program! We put the excess money into savings.
- Took advantage of a double-coupon day to stock up on items for this week’s meal plan and also food for our upcoming block party.
- Had a quick budget review with my husband. We agreed to start saving a little bit each week towards Christmas expenses.
- Cleaned the front-loading washing machine in an effort to keep it in good condition.
- My husband found that our car dealer takes oil change coupons from any competitor. We had a $ 10.00 off coupon from another business and used that with no problem.
Hope your weekend was a good one. See you tomorrow for Meal Plan Monday!